Tuesday, March 28, 2017

THE MEDICINE WHEEL SPEAKS


March 21 - April 19: The Budding Trees Moon.

Let me tell you a story.

When our physical Medicine Wheel was first coming together, it was an exciting event.  The learning, the teaching, the knowing that our energies were all combining with one another, with the spirits of nature and, of course, with our honored stone people.

One by one, we "spoke" to the stone people and asked "Who would like to be a part of this new, but ancient wheel?".  Creator stone was already there, next were the stone people of the hub, the direction stones, the stone people on the edge of life - the moons, and the spirit path stones.  This took a long time.  

Before arriving at our Gathering, we were invited to bring a special stone (if we had one) that would sit in the Wheel for just that day and be part of the ceremony; charged with energy.  I had one such stone and was very happy to bring it.

Each stone along the outer edge of the Wheel has a date range it represents - like an astrological sign.  We were given a printout of the Wheel and each of us claimed the moon position within which our birthday fell.  This was monumental for me!  My birthday fell within the Budding Trees Moon...everything represented in that position on the Wheel screamed my name!

Soon I found and placed the stone who wanted to be in that position.  Alongside it I placed the stone I had brought.

The Budding Trees Moon - the beginning of Spring, my favorite season; Fire Opal - a gemstone I fell in love with many years ago while at a gem & mineral show; Dandelion - my favorite flower from childhood - because everyone hated them, I loved their happy yellow faces and all the wishes when it became fuzzy; Red Hawk - my love of birds and the hawks that always seem to be near when I look around.

When I got home that night I read and read about everything Budding Trees Moon.  THEN I came across something incredible to ME.

In my reading I found that the red-tailed hawk was Crazy Horse's spirit guardian.  The stone I brought to the Wheel and placed next to the position represented by red-tailed hawk, was a stone that chose me when I was 17 years old out in South Dakota.....that very stone came from the creation of the Crazy Horse Memorial.  Wow....

And THAT is a perfect example of how you know the Medicine Wheel is speaking to you! 
https://crazyhorsememorial.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment