Monday, August 1, 2016

CHOOSE FAITH over DISAPPOINTMENT

"Pray about everything.  Worry about nothing." -Philippians 4:6, paraphrased

For almost sixteen years "God's Garden" grew and changed and became even more amazing with each year.  Over 350' in length and 4' deep, all things were planted by the Creator.  All the different wild things, each with their own reason and purpose, each made me smile: rambling roses, wildflowers and blackberries, tall grasses, cattails, and more.  Perfect and untouched.  Then, two years ago, a crude oil pipeline went in.  The majority of "God's Garden" was destroyed.  My heart was cut deep.  It wasn't just the plant life that was killed, that had made their home there, it was the loss of home and food for all the creatures who lived there.  Where would the birds eat?  Where would the bunnies sleep?  Where would the spiders spin and the bees gather their pollen?  Those were silly thoughts but, to me, it was the end of their world and I was sad.

A small part of "God's Garden" survived and the rest is struggling to return.  There are a couple trees growing and a section of blackberries that had previously not grown very well.  My husband checked on the berries the other day - he said there were TONS of berries, a lot were red yet but he came back with a handful of the best tasting blackberries I'd had in a long time!  Yesterday I went down to pick some.....WOW! 

"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted, 
and he saves those whose spirits have been crushed." -Psalm 34:18

How could I have fretted so?  I give too much credit to the destructive abilities of man.  Would not the Creator plant again?  Love ALWAYS wins!

"Give Thanks in everything" 
-1 Thessalonians 5:18

No comments:

Post a Comment